Here are some of our favourite ways to recycle products in your garden
- Use toilet rolls as seedling trays. This doubles as protection from cutworms!
- Use old cool-drink bottles to create mini greenhouses for seedlings.
- Cut up old sponges and pop them into the bottoms of pots to create air space, retain moisture and prevent root rot.
- Collect small pieces of soap in a mesh produce bag (e.g. an onion bag). Tie it to the garden tap for easy outdoor hand washing.
- Add used coffee filters to the bottoms of containers to stop dirt flowing out and staining floors. Also remember to throw your used coffee grains onto your compost heap for a boost!.