Helleborus orientalis “Victoria” *NEW*
This new variety encourages us to embrace the joie de vivre (joy of life), and here at Bumbles we think that’s a great saying to go by!
Developed by Belgian Helleborus specialists Het Wilgenbroek in a process that can take up to a decade from cultivation to marketing, this cultivar boasts innovation and high quality.
The Victoria is attractive for its intense, dark purple flowers sitting above the bright green foliage. It is sure to be a showpiece throughout the winter months, flowering from September right the way through to April. The Victoria is a compact plant and is suitable for planting in containers for your patio, or is happy in a bed or border.
Hellebore Care Tips
- The Hellebore likes to be outside! The plant has a clever way of protecting itself against frost.
- Do not place in direct sunlight. It prefers a shady spot in the garden that is moist but well-drained. Make sure the plant will be sheltered from strong, cold winds. When you’ve got your spot, make sure not too plant it too deep as this may hamper flower production.
- Hellebores on the patio need watering at least once a week.
- Large leaves may be hiding the flowers, so remove old leaves on stemless types in late winter as the flower buds emerge.
- After flowering, deadhead spent flowers.
Pop into store today to get your hands on the new Helleborus ViV Victoria (RRP £29.99).
Likewise, if you’re after further ways of adding colour and interest to your winter garden, why not get in touch with us – in store, via email, telephone or comment below – for advice from our plant area team who are brimming with great ideas!
Look forward to seeing or hearing from you soon.