Do you have limited space for indoor or outdoor gardening?
We love these big ideas for smaller spaces:
- Use your imagination: any surface can become a micro-garden! Use windowsills, hanging baskets, kitchen counters and even old furniture such as ornamental tables or dressers.
- Invent a garden in your bathroom. Provided your bathroom receives some natural light, this humid space is perfect for plants like bamboo, mother-in-law’s tongue and orchids to thrive.
- Try your hand at layer-gardening: use old ladders, the edges of steps or stairs, or the space beside doorways for potted plants.
- Many varieties of veggies thrive in pots. Climbing plants and veggies, such as beans, can attach themselves to railings, burglar bars or even pieces of twine. Let that veggie grow right up your kitchen window frame!
- Create a hanging herb garden, indoors or outdoors, which will take up minimal space while helping you add maximum flavour to your dishes. A plank of wood, a few nails, and a few small, hanging containers will do the trick!